View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Davin

Five days sober...this time.

So last February I decided to knock this drinking thing on the head once and for all. I'd been tinkering with it since 2013 after a severe beating while drunk that I honestly couldn't remember which put me in hospital and left me with broken ribs a few fractured vertebrae and a fractured skull. I was basically targeted by a gang and mugged. My friend who pulled me out said I'd done nothing wrong but there's no way I'd have gone where I did sober. At that stage I was drinking about 10 pints of beer a day often getting a bottle of vodka and a two liter bottle of coke to round off the evening. I'd always been a heavy drinker but it had gotten to the stage where I was having a few doubles before work just to steady the nerves. The week of the beating I had lost my job due to alcohol and just decided to drink myself to death. After the incident I went off alcohol for a few weeks before deciding I could handle it again. I'd not drink all week before rewarding myself with a bottle of vodka on a Friday night. One Saturday in February I woke up slightly yellow for the first time ever and decided that was that and managed to quit until last Thursday. The yellow only lasted about 6 hours but was enough to scare the hell out of me. Then I fell off the wagon again and bought a six pack of beer. For the first time in years I woke up feeling a real hangover and disgusted with myself.So here I am on day five again. I'm terrified though that I'm after doing some terrible damage. I've not experienced any real pain in all that time. I am worried though about what feels like heartburn in my liver area that comes and goes along with weird hot flashes in my neck and head.Ive had the flashes for years but with the "heartburn" think I'm getting really frightened . I know I should get to a doctor but am putting it off because I'm terrified they'll tell me I'm on the way out... Anyone else ever get weird indigestion?