Thread: Restaurants
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

Maybe so YCDT. Though at some point after you quit, you might have to get accustomed to going, because so many places serve alcohol now.

I quit a year and a half ago and I definitely remember feeling awkward at my favorite drinking restaurants. But I distracted myself by ordering something really good and decadent just for the heck of it. And then I'd look at their drink menu because lots of restaurants like Applebees and Olive Garden have really good, exotic n/a drinks. And sometimes I like a sprite with sugar (gasp). I eat healthier now BTW, that was just to help me get through.

But I guess for now it would be good to avoid them. Try going to places like Panera...ummmm...Cracker Barrel? Buffet type places...i am glad I am used to it now OP. But it took a while.

Last night we were waiting at the bar at a very crowded restaurant and I suddenly found myself literally surrounded by people drinking. Completely boxed in. I did not like that. It's important to always be on your toes and not get too complacent.