View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AAPJ

JScatt - I think your thread was a terrific subject/question and the responses it received were most helpful to me. I think you should get an award for starting the thread. Apology? Not necessary at all.

If people here think this forum gets too rough and unwelcoming then you should certainly avoid the old timers at some of the AA meetings I attend. In my personal view being too nice and overly positive has problems too. Do you want a Stepford Wives forum? Also, in my experience when someone does step out of line so to speak there are plenty of folks who usually add something positive to the thread.

If you are new to this forum and are reading this thread please understand that most folks who post here do want you to recover. We are not perfect. But neither was your life before you arrived here. In fact I would guess that compared to what your life was before you got here a somewhat negative comment from someone on an internet message board is the least of your problems.

Finally, do keep coming back. The worst we can do is better than your old life. Trust me I know. We understand the struggle as no normal person can.