View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 10:23 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Autumn
alconaut

Originally Posted by 4health
I do about the same as you. I've been asked if I am in AA too. I just say no. I am doing it a different way. I agree with Dan that people aren't pushing AA but maybe that is the only thing they know has personally worked for them so that is what they suggest. I think AA is a great program most people if they are able to follow it. I personally wouldn't be able to. I have too much going on in my life to go to meetings, and rarely do I have time without my kids around.

My dad was also one to suggest a rehab facility but since it didn't work for him... it makes it difficult to take him seriously.. However, My Father in law did use AA to quit and was a sponsor for several years. So I know it is a good program.

I am 18 days sober and I've done it without AA. I've done it with my own will power and commitment, Gods power, SR and its wonderful members, family and friends. I think that is enough of a support group.
Thanks for your input, 4health.

I agree with your personal choices as well.

I'm grateful to AA for all the members here who have found recovery through their program.