Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

A handy maxim

It's a handy but simple maxim for those, who like me suffer from alcoholism but you need to 'think before you start thinking'. Which for me I interpret as meaning that mine and I'd suggest recovery is a 'selfish program' in which I must decide what is not in my control i.e. family , friends, the weather, the economy etc. best described as external events and what is in my control. My opinion, judgement, perception not for nothing is alcoholism sometimes referred to as 'the Disease of Perception'...

Emphasised by Epictetus saying,'Man is not disturbed by things but his view of things' reflected in the words of the Serenity Prayer and, thankfully no longer the delusional life I lead in my drinking days...

So in any relationships at whatever level, personal or professional it's often a good thing to pause, reflect and move on bearing in mind that whatever the circumstances sobriety comes first for without that . Metaphorically speaking 'rain or sunshine' nothing else matters...without it 'there's no me' which includes what I can offer both to others and myself....