Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
laur24

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
What I meant was that you need to work on yourself before you can contemplate a relationship.

Right now you are plaguing yourself with regrets, doubts and self-hatred, and that's a big sign that you need to work on yourself and your recovery.

As you do the work, you will emerge a stronger, happier, more balanced person. Until you are mentally, emotionally and spiritually healthier, any relationship you enter will likely end badly, whether with this person or any other.

A bad relationship or a break-up could sabotage your own recovery.

It is understandable that you are not thinking clearly now because you are in pain from the break-up. This is why I said to be gentle with yourself.

But gently or not, you must stop focussing on what has been done and gone. You need to look towards the future, your recovery and building yourself into a stronger person. That is actually the only way to achieve a happy relationship - and it's true of anyone.
You're so right. Thank you so much for your reply. I'm going to move forward. I realized that I've got so much fear in me and old wounds that need to heal. When I'm in fear, my self-will takes over and I make quite a mess of things. I need to do the steps in order to heal the wounds.

Who knows what will happen in the future? Either way, I've got a lot of work that needs to be done, because right now the person I'd be bringing into any sort of relationship, isn't my best self.