Thread: Back Again
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by shestruggles
Aw Golf,

The best part of your post is that you picked YOURSELF back up. 41 hours and counting.

Evenually you'll find that you are good at many things; one of those things will be learning how to say NO and choose life.

(Hey, once you figure it out let me know, OK)

Glad you're back!
Much Love~SS

Hey Golf,

Sooo good to see you back..
SS is right, the best part of your post is that you did pick yourself up and
you came back to life, and back to SR... So give yourself a break, don't be so hard on yourself. People have relapses, people have slips, if you concentrate ( like I did for a long time) on the fact that it seems like you can't ever seem to get and stay clean, you'll be wasting good energy and time that you could be doing things and concentrating on getting better, getting help.

For me,( and I was a constant relapser, slipper (lol) ) it took me really admitting that I was powerless over the painkillers, and I needed to accept all the help I could get. I needed to reach out to all the groups available. Eventually, I chose which ones "fit" me and stuck with those, but in the beginning, I was searching for help through all of them. I have been to NA, AA, all kinds of mental health groups, Celebrate recovery, treatments, and , probably some I missed here. I didn't stick completely with all of them, although did alot, but I did try, I wanted help in the worst way.. I was begging god to just show me the way to help, the right direction.

It takes people what it takes, all people are different. For me, I needed alot of help. Some maybe don't... I don't feel bad admitting that I do and did need alot of help, doesn't matter what others think, what matters is that I get the help I need.

I don't remember what groups you belong to, if any?? Or if you have reached out to anyone other than SR.
Sr is a great tool, but I can't imagine for me, SR being enough. I need more. Maybe you do to, and liek I said, I don't remember maybe you do belong to
a group of some sort..??

I am very happy you are back here.
I dn't know if you remember Liam? But it seems like you and him were here around the same time, and he hasn't come back, at least that I have seen?
So, be very grateful, that some one is looking out for you, and "bringing you out of the fog" to another chance..

Hang in there and post your heart out.. It does help..
Love, Becky