View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
LBrain

Originally Posted by heavencanwait View Post
No disrespect to you for your post... but I really think this topic should be in another thread? Sorry...it just looks more like a religion discussion.
I'm gonna have to disagree with that.

Although it was sparked by a religious topic it is more about learning how to say no. It is learning how to deal with events that we were not able to handle in the past - and still. Yes it could be moved to a different board, but it's still here.
Not a day goes by that I am not asked to donate to a cause of one sort or another. Every single time I check out at the supermarket, every single time I check out at the 'home store' and pretty much everywhere, someone asks for a donation. I get the 'religious' coming to my door often, I also get the "window company" knocking on my door every other month trying to sell me new windows. Being polite to them does nothing but keep them on 'their game'. It took a time for me to learn to just say "no thanks". Whether it is the girl scouts - I can't buy cookies from every girl scout who comes to the door, or the youth cheerleader squad or the little league, the window guy, the lawn care companies, the list goes on...
Learning how to just say, "No Thank You", is a big part of the growth to becoming a sober person. And if 'they' try to hand you a pamphlet or other literature, just say "No Thank You" - you are saving them a few pennies by not throwing their papers in the trash.