View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greg198499

Musicians in recovery

I just opened a thread with my story entitled very scared to wean off...you can see the backstory but in a nutshell I was drinking 2.5 bottles of wine a night not seeing any effects until one day due to the amount and time I drank the night before I finally saw what withdrawal was like feeling light headed wanted to pass out and shaking like crazy...apparently all of the anxiety, hands feeling weird/stiff etc. around the time I left work I just got my first sip in before withdrawal happened....either way my eyes were opened and I am now committed to never drink again (I am weaning myself over 3 days but more on that in my thread)

Anywho...back to my question...because I was always seemingly about to experience withdrawal shortly after getting home I would never pick up my guitar until after I had quite a few drinks...I couldn't play right when I got home because I was on the edge of withdrawal and didn't have great coordination

Does any new friend here play the guitar before and after sobriety? Better/worse? honestly? I know the Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh was a pretty hectic alcoholic who recovered.