View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ScaryTime

All good stuff you suggest. I am tired of being the "parent" and don't want to have to do all of that stuff. Getting the alcohol out of the house is not a problem. At this point, however, I am done with chasing him around trying to figure out if he has been drinking or not and whether or not he is telling me the truth. He confessed this week to me some of the stuff that was going on; and it was WAY worse than I even suspected. I want a partnership in my marriage and I just don't know that he is capable of being that partner. I think that is why I am so scared at this point because I don't know that I can put myself out there to him anymore - I am terrified of him stomping on this relationship for the 100th time. I am trying very hard to stay focused and know I have let his drinking go on for far too long - I think I was in denial as to how bad it was...I feel SO beaten down and unhappy. I am hopeful that AlAnon has some help for me on this. Thank you all for reaching out... I really appreciate it.