View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
take2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

(((Veronica)))
If it makes you feel any better- I swear I could have written that thread! Same story for me! AH also relapsed around 8 1/2 months- has been let go of jobs from his craziness- also refused to take meds as prescribed for depression/ bi-polar. He knows best and the whole world is against him. He messes up and somehow I am to blame.

My words for you... you are NOT the blame! You can not be rational with a person who is irrational. I know you are frustrated and probably at your wits end but you can not do anything about his behaviors or actions. You did not make him drink- it was HIS choice. For many people who need to be on these meds it is HORRIBLE when they self-medicate. My AH thought he was so smart and didn't need the meds, counseling or AA. He even claims he is happy, truly happy even though I think he is miserable. I guess I have to let go and realize that maybe he is happy with this kind of life- not the one I want- and that is something I can control. He admits he should be on these drugs but he never stays on them- all part of the illness.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and I can feel your pain. Please take care of yourself!