View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
kenton

It does get better Jo, so much better. In the last few weeks, it's like a switch has been flicked in my brain. The fog has lifted, I'm getting so much done at work and at home. I'm organised, optimistic and loving life again. I look back over the last year and see that all those emotional black holes... all the times when I just wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear.... they all served a purpose. By staying sober through the really tough times, that's what got me to feeling how I feel today. Stay strong and stay sober.... the future Jo will love you for it xxx

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I miss Pebbles so much and still trying to get my head around it all. If I don't check in every day, it's not because I don't love you all. I do and I'm so grateful for everything SR has done for me. When I was drinking I was always out.... in bars, clubs, pubs etc .... but I never felt like I was properly connected to the real world. A year of being sober has connected me to the real world again and I want to do everything I didn't do when I was drinking. I want to travel and climb a mountain and swim with dolphins and learn to speak another language and jump out of an aeroplane (with a parachute... I'm sober and exuberant but never reckless). There's so much I want to do and I'm going to get on and do it. Can't believe I spent so many years forgetting to notice how amazing the world is. 24 more hours for me please xxxx