View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SaturatedSeize

Originally Posted by Alexloaiza View Post
I still feel really bad about my relapse. My girlfriend started barely talking to me and give me some advised. But the feeling doesn’t go I don’t know what to do. I feel super depressed.
Hey Alexloaiza, welcome to SR

Welcome to sobriety, we have to feel our feelings, and it's miserable. I consider myself a pretty "manly man" and I cried on and off for days after I started taking my sobriety seriously. I had ruined another relationship with a wonderful lady and I couldn't deal with the pain and depression either. What did I do....?

I used those feelings to inspire myself. I don't want to feel that way ever again, and I don't want to hurt people anymore. I'm a pretty likeable and nice person sober, I'm a heartless and mean drunk. You can't let your drunk behaviors define you.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but those feelings come from recognizing mistakes you've made. We all have made mistakes, we can learn from them, or be destined to repeat them. I repeated them for 10 years.

What kind of life do you want and deserve? A happy life full of success and accomplishment? Sobriety brings that in time.

What is your relapse prevention plan? How do you intend to stay sober?