View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
slowlyevolving

You are all right...the driving is a huge issue. I didn't even think to call the police because he just left while I was in the middle of running a game for the party. But yes, it will be at the forefront of my mind now.

I would love to revisit the parenting plan. Unfortunately my lawyer says we have nothing at this point to change the custody agreement in spite of many occurrences - alcohol withdrawal seizure while with the kids on a trip last March (nothing like trying to figure out what to do with your kids while they are at the ER in Anaheim with their dad and you are across the country), drunk at parent-teacher conference, etc.

At this point my nine-year-old doesn't see it and doesn't get it. She knows her dad is an alcoholic, but doesn't seem to understand when he is drinking (probably because it's always and just how she knows him). My 13 year old son gets it a little better but is still trying to figure it out. It's hard - their dad is a skilled lier and knows how to make a person doubt themselves.

Thanks for listening. There are no easy or good solutions to these problems, but having you all out there to listen and understand helps.