View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
slowlyevolving

Do I even say anything?

My AXH showed up to my daughters 9th birthday party drunk (and likely having also taken some benzodiazepine). He dropped her off at the end of his parenting time (2:30) and her party was at 3:30. He was supposed to show up with the cake at 3:30. He arrived at 4:15 and was clearly drunk. He seemed even more out of it than usual. Talking too loud, but also unable to focus clearly on anything. He sat in the corner with a glazed look, slurring every now and then. He left 5:00 - 30 minutes before the end of the party...and drove home. There is no question about his lack of sobriety. Another mom noticed and stayed to help me since he clearly couldn't.

Here's my dilemma (or one of many dilemmas). I know that nothing I say can change his behavior and according to the courts, there is nothing big enough to affect his parenting time (and there has been A LOT). Yesterday at the party, I just ignored him and carried on with the running the party. Do I say anything to him today? Is there any point in calling him on his behavior? I feel like nothing I say has any affect and often only complicates our relationship as parents. I'm kicking myself for not thinking to call the police when he left the party to drive. He only lives half a mile from where we were, so that might not have even been enough, but it would have been something.