View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hi All,

I am finally settled down after a busy weekend.

Gilmer, the first time I had that happen where it was so evident was one of the first fancy meals I had with my ex. Our second go was a totally different experience and it was a big letdown. From that point forward I have tempered my enthusiasm and expectations. Ex and I joked about it for years after, so it stayed forefront, even in active addiction.

Happy budgeting this week, Courage. Now go find an extra 25K. Oops, that was my active addiction voice.

Hope that you had a nice nature walk today, FBL...cold, I hear.

JL, hope when you pop that phone back on you find something good in a message.

Glee, enjoyed talking early in the week about my bad meeting experience. I've worked through it and feel much better. Lots of long sobriety and very religious-not just spiritual group and our Step 11 meeting had me wanting to run out of there. Getting on my knees daily and the St Francis prayer aren't in my recovery playbook. I get more than a feeling they see me as "less enlightened" by the way they respond to my "Universe" as my guide shares. Anyway, I'm comfortable in the feeling that I control my will and that's my path.

Yes, Glee, I too credit AA and its people and principals for saving my life. I live by a guide that 100% AA based - but not religious. Most days I feel spiritually fit. When I'm not, I mess up, or, work on my expectations.

Anyhoo, had Savage Race #2 (7.2 miles with 28 obstacles and lots of mud) this weekend. A very challenging physical experience that is balanced by bonding and teamwork. Do that with a small group and you bond quickly. Then, IL surprised me by being at the finish line and snapped us crossing as a team. She then had dinner with us. Haha, my gang really liked her and wonders what she sees in me. First time anyone has met my family - well, I mean Y family.

Busy week planned with work, w/outs and plans to see IL 3 times. Our game is stepping up. We've been healthy eating till TG and will share a couple meals during the week. We're not neighbors...between 40 and 60 minutes apart - time of day thing.

Nice catching up....have a great week, POST-ers.

Carlos