View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
gleefan

HI everyone,

It sounds like we are all a bit busy!! I know I am. I find that I have a hard time making it to meetings. I want to go - AA gave me my life back. But I have so many conflicting responsibilities that I can’t make it to my home group meeting most weeks.

I get to put the program’s principles to work most days because my job is heavy on the emotional and motivational side of work. It’s not the same as a meeting though!

It’s easy to convince myself that because I’m doing ok that I can skip meetings. It’s also easy to be pedantic and tell myself that I have to go 5 days a week. Like everything, finding that balance between what I owe to my responsibilities and what I owe to myself is the key.

I did the usual hockey thing this weekend. I’ve also had a really nice girls night last night, dinner and a movie. Then I went home and bought tickets to see the Foo Fighters next summer.

For years I didn’t go to movies or buy music because it seemed so self indulgent while I was a stay at home mom - and my husband isn’t much into those things. In recovery it has been wonderful to seek out the activities I enjoy.