View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Ok, yes, I just did a quick google search "rehab in Europe" and the first ones up were various facilities with English websites. After clicking on them you can find somewhere at the bottom a reference to Narcanon, which if you then click on takes you to another page entirely. If you then click through to get deeper into the "information" sections (this varies from page to page) you finally come to a page that has the core beliefs of the program and then down at the very bottom, written in small print is the name "L. Ron Hubbard" who, is the founder of scientology. It does not mention the word "scientology" on the page for the centre, or even on the second page you are re-directed to for Narcanon, but there is a clickable link under his name which takes you to the page for him. So, in my opinion very sneaky. It is not information clearly displayed or found on the centre websites, but again, I feel a very important consideration when evaluating a facility. And this is not a post bashing scientology per se, I would be wary and generally annoyed by any religion, particularly a cult-like one, being pushed on me while I was trying to get well.

Anyway, again, I wanted to post this as they have literally hundreds of websites, all with different looks, and while researching rehab facilities I wasted hours of time wading through them thinking I was reading about a new/different centre when in reality it was all the same thing just marketed differently. They are for-profit religious recruitment centres (based on the reviews I read) and not successful rehab facilities based on legitimate scientific and psychological standard practices.