View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

sketscher wrote:
He was drunk during this conversation.
Sketscher, my AH and I have had many conversations over the past year and a half since we've been split up that have allowed me to somewhat understand what was going on in his head during his active usage. All of these conversations have been held while he was sober.
The thing that disturbs me about your post though is that the conversation you held with him was held when he was drunk.
Please remember that you can't reason with a person who is under the influence. Please remember that they are in a fogged state of mind, and may or may not even remember the conversation - let alone remember it correctly. And I'm not sure about your ex - but alot of people aren't truthful when they are intoxicated either - perhaps because of the fogged state of mind.
If you are looking for answers or reassurances, I'm not sure that listening to your drunk ex is the place to find those answers or reassurances. Remember: You can't always believe what you hear. (And you can't always believe what a person is telling you that is intoxicated)
My heart goes out to you as you struggle through this. I know it's hard when you want to know so many things, often times I think people in general will grasp onto anything that makes sense to get those answers, even when the answers aren't really the true answers.
Please remember to keep focused on you - regardless of what he said. okay?