View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Tell me about it! Twice daily teeth cleaning actually was quite an effort at first *cringe*
I'm glad you didn't see my post as pushy in any way it's just from my experience focussing on the actual job of doing whatever it takes to stay sober is number 1 priority for as long as it takes to feel like you're ready to tweak the plan.
I put a lot of other things on hold for a couple of months, hibernated a little if you like. Of course that was my strategy which I felt was needed as I really was in a bad way. We are all different but have the same goal IMO - a happy fulfilling SOBER life xxx
I'll take a happy fulfilling SOBER life please! no, I didn't read it as pushy at all. It's so helpful to hear what other people have done in the early days. I just have this fuzzy feeling about what I'm trying to achieve and I want to gain clarity. That's why writing things down is always a good idea for me. I also need to work on accepting that sometimes it's going to be really hard but that doesn't mean that I'm failing - it just means it's hard! Bit sick of the whole thing but reading the posts above help that sliding down into self-pity. How can I feel sorry for myself, I'm still sober!