Old 11-10-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
August252015

Dee - some drs (mine included) have some patients get it from the office every day. Reasons for this may include taking it incorrectly in the past, or the dr being worried about incorrectly taking it in the present. My dr had me sign (and get a witness) to my daily ingestion for the 90 days I was on it - one reason being that it wasn't feasible for me to get to her office every day, at the time.

Press- skipping doses is a bad idea, per the pamphlet, per dr's instructions I assume you got, per personal experience from me....can you talk to your dr about coming in every day and maybe trying a different accountability (see mine above to Dee) if getting to her/him is going to be a problem?

Lastly- IMO and IME, Antabuse (and any other drug, like the others I take now since I only took Antabuse for 90 days when I started my sobriety), are ONLY tools that support our underlying decision not to drink, period. I did not rely on them to get or keep me sober - that's what step 1, my decision to permanently quit drinking and my AA program do for me.

You CAN do this- hope you focus on a program of recovery and stick around here.