View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Honeybee

Welcome to the forums. If you read many of the threads here you will see that you are not alone, so many have been where you are. Leave or Stay - Kick him out or take him back - these issues come up time and time again, and only you can decide what is right for you. Just remember that they make promised that they cannot keep unless they get help.

If you haven't been to an Al-Anon meeting, I highly recommend it. You will learn to work your own program and get your balance back and be better prepared to make these big decisions.

You don't have to do anything right now. But maybe if you made a plan, for yourself and for what you would like to do, then even if you don't follow through on it, you have an escape net in place.

Others will be along that have been in your situation. I have only dealt with this with my son, who is an addict, but many here share a life with an alcoholic.

Make yourself comfortable, read the powerposts at the top of Al-anon and Nar-Anon and feel free to share as much as you want.