View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
AlwaysGrowing

For me and a few others who have been sober for along time know the steps well and worked them. For me it came down to what's next. Growth should never have a ceiling and limited to 12 steps IMO.
I can certainly see a different meeting when you have lots of years of sobriety with opening and closing staying traditional.
Just the other day I had a conversation with a friend who's been sober for 28 years. We don't attend meetings like early on. When I attend now I feel like an outcast since I'm not all in on AA these days. Church on Sundays and men's group on Monday evenings is where I feel welcome.
What is comes down to it we are all humans and far from perfect. My view is AA is structured but not structured. The steps are well tested and has it's origination from other material. Bill W. wasn't a saint and from many account's wasn't a very good faithful husband even sober.
Take what you need and leave the rest. Those simple steps were things I could focus on and work with at the time. In some ways the principals of those are practiced in my everyday life, but not in a ridged manor.

AG