View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nova1

We weren't enough

My partner and I have been together for 2 and a half years and have a gorgeous little one year old boy together. He has been on the methadone program for the last 6 years which I was aware of when we met however while on the program he has used many times and hidden this from me with lies i stupidly believed. He had been reducing his dose over the last year to come off and four weeks ago he came off entirely. It has been hell. He used the day he told me he came off. (Got two days takeaways ahead and injected in a supermarket toilet). He is constantly using prescription drugs to get high and calls it recreational use and is leaving me because I'm not okay with this. Tonight he has ended our relationship and left. I am so incredibly hurt. I have supported him through everything and tried to keep our relationship together because I do love him for some stupid reason and we have a son together. Is there any hope or will this just continue for the rest of his life? He has a big gambling problem too which has impacted on our relationship a lot. A part of me feels like he just wants to leave tonight so he can go get high. He knows I'll miss him and of course want him back..I love what we have with our son so it's really hard being without him. I feel so stuck. I keep holding on because I see changes and then right back to square one. Or is this something I need to walk away from