View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Mac4711

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Day #5 and feeling so-so. I know I shouldn't focus so much on the days - I should be in the here and now. I'm trying. I really am.

I used to drink every night, although night kept getting earlier and earlier. Eventually 4:45pm was considered night in my mind, maybe even 4:15pm.

As I've been getting sober, I've found myself CRAVING at much earlier times than I used to (like, 10:00am), I think because I'm no longer hung over then like I used to be. Of course, the fact that I am craving alcohol at 10:00am only reinforces to me I have a real problem, but it's certainly a challenging problem to have.

I know if I just HANG IN THERE, that these cravings will get easier (maybe even eventually go away??). So, I'm trying to remind myself of that. But, it would be so nice to escape into a bottle of wine for a bit. I'd feel horrible later, though, I know it would only be putting off quitting and extending this misery. I would like to be all through-it, though. I mean, the most difficult part of recovery. I guess who wouldn't. Ugh.
Sohard,
Do you think you can satisfy your cravings with sugar? Then how about some ice cream, maybe a la mode? Alcohol will kill you, but ice cream won’t! Whatever it takes, especially in the beginning...