View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Susiesmiles

I hope I'm not posting the wrong things because I'm certainly not promoting any kind of medication. I have self medicated with alcohol for years (anxiety and panic attacks). My dr put me on naltrexone for the cravings and 5 mg Valium for anxiety. I actually have only taken the Valium 2 x in 6 days (and 1 of those days was a half of one). I also know that you absolutely can not mix the Valium with alcohol. The naltrexone has really helped my cravings but everyone is different. In the past I tapered with good results (12 pack a day habit). I switched to the lightest beer possible (bud select 55) and eventually quit but I was also going through a divorce and had a purpose in my life. I have drank for about 28 years daily with 2 short reprieves in my life. I'm serious this time and can feel it. I just don't want to be that person anymore. Best of luck to you, I really want this for you as much as I want it for myself 😊 (On edit, I am going to start counseling after my 2 week medicine trial)