View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SuzieA

Thank you for your responses! I was taught early in my life that no matter how educated someone is, if they have the Gene or allergy (Whatever it is) to alcohol, they cannot escape its grasp if they drink. My uncle was a famous pathologist in Chicago and went to the Betty Ford Rehab numerous times, and still ended up drinking himself to death. My AH is very bright and knows all of the medical background on alcohol and its dangers. It just took over his brain - every cell of his body! Because alcoholism is on both sides of my family, I have feared my entire life that I may have the potential of being an alcoholic. I have never taken a drink of alcohol and never will - I don't want to find out if I could be one! I pray my daughters follow my path and not their fathers!!!!
I do hope that by telling my AH that he will have no contact with us for many months will do something to get him to examine his choices. I told him to look long and hard at his daughters because many changes will take place the next time he sees them. I can't imagine being away from my family through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc. I hope he realizes that the bottle isn't everything and is capable of beating the odds and getting sober and faithful!!!!!!!
I told him it is like he is going off to war - to fight this evil devil that has taken over his life. I pray he is strong enough to come out on top! Thanks so much for your thoughts!
Suzie