Old 11-01-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

sweetichick, I am really sorry that you are back to square one. I too know how that feels and it is awful.
There is no sarcasm in the following question, I'm being serious: Are you sure when you say that you though you could control it? Really? Did you really think that or did you just kind of skip over the thinking about it at all and go ahead and drink. I know that after all of my experience there is absolutely no thoughts that I can even remotely control drinking. I know that if I drink all bets are off. Yet, I have still relapsed with this knowledge, but there was never a false idea of being able to control it.

If you really, really had thoughts that you could control it, after all the evidence to the contrary then you seriously need to get yourself into rehab. You cannot do this lone. That ship sailed a long time ago. It took me forever to accept that, I just kept digging in my heels thinking I would find some way to manage this on my own but in the end I finally gave up, gave in, whatever you want to call it and went to rehab. Things haven't been perfect since then, but it was the true, solid start to my recovery.

A week is great sweetichick, it really is and you should be very proud of yourself. But a week it not enough. It is time to get serious and go all out and that is going to require getting some help. Let go sweetichick, go get the help you need.