View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Itchy, today I will mostly be in Spain!

Mags I hope you are able to get back into a routine at work, it must be awful having so many potential health triggers around.

FBL, I await confirmation of Frans resettlement at home and will pass on the good news to my mum, who has been thinking of her, since they are of an age.

SE, is there any way that you could FaceTime or Skype your grandmother? I'm sure you would both appreciate the chance for a face to face. I hope your bed rest does the trick.

Peej, it may be worth you reading about the Karpman drama triangle. It sounds like you are in the rescuer position surrounded by victims who will complain loudly and vociferously about their persecution, but don't really want you to find solutions. This can lead to real frustration on all parts.
Because of insecurities instilled in me as a teenager, I grew into an adult who needed to be needed. I would surround myself with victims and do my darnedest to help them. All that happened was I became drained of my energy and positivity, and would have continued doing so if counselling had not helped me to alter my outlook. The trick with victims is not to offer them solutions, but to ask them what solutions they might suggest. This eventually stops them seeking your rescue, as you are not the pushover they are looking for.
There are other ways to make a difference, that gives more positive results.

I just realised I have no idea what day it is! Anyone?