View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
...What, pray tell, am I supposed to do with my 3 y.o. if/when I go to an actual face-to-face meeting....
I don't know how it works in your part of the world ( St. Louis? per your info on the left bar ). Where I have been people take their kids with them to the meeting. In some of the larger cities there are actually separate programs for teens (Ala-teen) and younger ( Ala-tot ).

Those meetings are not listed because they only happen when somebody shows up with a child. Some times a meeting will not have all the literature for Ala-teen or Ala-tot so they just simply pick a few of the more experienced members and have a separate meeting just for you and your child.

You can just show up and ask them to do that. The only time they might refuse is when the meeting is a "Women's only " meeting.

I know you've done the research so I am adding this for the lurkers. When looking for one of these "splitable" meetings you need to call ahead and make sure it's not a women's only. If you download the actual meeting directory from the local office it should have a phone number for a contact person for that particular meeting. The volunteers at the local Al-Anon information line do not always know which meeting is women only, so make sure you get the phone number for a contact person for that particular meeting.

Mike
Moderator, SR