Old 10-29-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Here's what I do:

My calories are set at 1700 per day. That is my maintenance calorie intake for my age, height, and weight. I came to that number the good old fashioned way of tracking food and exercise for a few months and using that data. I exercise 3-5 times a week for one hour. It's moderate exercise, usually walking some hills. On those days I eat 200-300 calories more.

One day per week I have a 2500-3000 calorie day (with most of the additional cals coming from carbs and fat.) I have maintained my weight doing this for a few years now. I log all my food every day online.

My macros are set at the default of 50% Carbs/ 30% Fat/ 20% Protein. That comes out to 213g C/ 57g F / 85g P. I really only pay close attention to hitting that protein Goal. I don't eat under on protein very often. Maybe once per month, accidentally.

I usually come in a little high on fat and protein, and my carbs usually fall under 150g per day. That's a moderate carb plan. If I go much lower in carbs, I get more anxiety and irritability.

I do this by hitting a high protein breakfast, with some fiber - (example) -

1 egg and 1 egg white, scrambled
I serving turkey sausage
6g cheese on the eggs
2/3 portion oatmeal with milk, flax meal, butter and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts(5g)
1/2 apple
2 cups coffee w/2% milk

That's about 750 calories, but 45g of protein. Keeps me going till mid afternoon. Then I have Greek yogurt with berries. I do intermittent fasting 16:8, but only because that's how I've naturally eaten all my life.

Dinner is a wide variety of meals, I usually have a small portion of protein, a lot of vegetables and legumes, a serving of grain, and a half portion or so of fats.

Some days I have calories left for another serving of Greek yogurt with mixed fruit and nuts as dessert. Some days I have to pass. Some days I have cookies or something, but not very often - more because of the calories than anything. Plus that moremoremore thing that happens with sugary treats.