View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hats

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Good job Mike.
Did you remember to read page 75 after, and follow the directions in the last paragraph?

One of the unexpected benefits of step five for me was I lost my loneliness. Up until that point I had thought that I must be the worst person ever to come to AA and if they found out, I would be kicked out. We shared general stuff in meetings, as we should, but I never heard specifics.

I got some great feed back from my sponsor sharing parts of his fifth, and I discovered that I was just an ordinary alcoholic who did stuff that alcoholics do. My guys that have gone to priests have had similar feedback except they also discovered that crazy stuff is not limited to alcoholics. It was so reassuring to know I was no different.

And the same goes for you Mike. There is nothing that you have done, or thought about doing, that I havent done or thought about doing.

You are truly one of us now.
Yes I sure did,
I read through that, continued on with step 6 then did the step 7 prayer with my sponsor. Then came home re read what we just went through, reflected and then I took a nice nap. I felt emotionally drained after going through all of that.
I don't think it's all sunk it yet but today I feel somewhat lighter, more humble. I feel as though I'm more spiritually connected with god. I've already made my list for step 8 and will continue with my journey.
My work isn't done yet, I have to repair the damage I caused.
The BB is a god send. I'm so happy I made the decision to get back into AA. Best decision I've made in years.