Thread: Should i leave?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
OpheliaKatz
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

This is similar to what happened to me. I thought it was weird that when I got with my STBXAH that everyone close to him thanked me for being with him and told me to "look after him". He's a grown man, why does he need me to look after him? Soon it became apparent why.
They didn't see me (or any of his former partners) as his partner, they saw me as the next person caring for him.

Originally Posted by BAW81 View Post
Stace - My STBXAH's mother has a chronic disease and boy did she love me when we started dating, she felt better that I was there to "take care of him." At first, I had pride in this role until I realized the life sentence of abuse I signed myself up to after we were married.

It is not only at this stage but it isn't even done yet.....it will get WORSE!

I was in my late 20s when I met my STBXAH and everyone was pairing off and getting married. I mean, I did fall in love with him but I saw the warning signs/red flags.

Please save yourself.....this is NOT about you. You do not owe his grandmother anything nor do you own him anything. Let your last holiday be the last thing he ruins in your life.

Sending you good thoughts and wishing you the best!