View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hats

Day 62 and getting better

It's day 62 and I'm doing well. I've made a lot of progress in the last 2 months. Working with both my addictions counsellor and sponsor. My sleep has greatly improved and my mood... well, most days are good. I actually had a co worker compliment me on how happy and outgoing I seem to be lately and said I seem different and always in a good mood. I was a bit shocked when he said it and didn't know how to respond at 1st, but I took a moment then thanked him. Then I got to thinking about how I must have been around my co workers when I was actively drinking and reflected on it. I don't know what others thought but I know I was always quiet, not getting involved in anything new work related or getting involved in general convo. I never laughed and never smiled and probably had a miserable look on my face (because I always felt miserable). So that was a nice self esteem booster for me.
Tomorrow is a big day for me and I'm feeling fairly nervous about it.
Tomorrow morning I'm off to my sponsor's place and were going to go through my step 4, then do 5,6 and 7. I know I've worked hard on it but I'm also feeling vulnerable, scared and ashamed about what I've wrote on my step 4. I guess that's why we do this, to get rid of all the muck we've created because of our drinking.
Anyways, I'll let you all know how it went; wish me luck.