Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
About 5 weeks. This also isn'y my first time 'round this merry-go-round, so I'm at least familiar with the symptoms.

I remember about 2 years ago I had also gotten sober and was experiencing extreme dizziness for the first few weeks. I saw my family physician, I saw an ENT, neurologist, I even made a trip to the ER. I mentioned to all the doctors that I had recently quit drinking, but all of them were perplexed by my symptoms.

Long story short, everything else was ruled out so likely it's a PAWS symptom. But yes, not many doctors seemed to have any real clue about it.

These days I tend to also have headaches, which are uncommon for me. It feels like the front of my head between my eyes is filled with a sandbag. Then there are the blessed day where that feeling lifts, and I realize how awesome it feels to feel 'normal'. Thankfully, I'm getting more of those days as time slowly marches on.
Ok...makes sense you feel like I do right now. I literally feel as though I am moving underwater, or through molasses..body and brain. At the gym yesterday I injured my foot (I think it’s a stress fracture that I took too far) and I am on crutches! My husband had to drive me around this morning. At urgent care my bp was 152/110.

Just in case someone might think that when I say “I’m done” I don’t mean ....and it’s so great right now! I’m done, and I love having presence of mind, sanity, levelheaded thinking, but I feel like a 99 year old woman.

I’m sorry about your headaches and I hope they improve soon.