View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Akasha

Originally Posted by mayabee View Post
I have no direct experience with meth, but my son has been in the recovery/relapse cycle (he's currently using but he has had an intake interview for a program and has been going to a few meetings). Anyway, while I am on the outside looking in, I see how conflicted he is - part of him wants to quit, part of him is afraid of the depression and exhaustion that follows. I witness his struggles and realize that it's not easy.

I hope this won't seem presumptuous on my part since I haven't walked in your shoes, but wondered if you are familiar with this website?

The guy's blog is also very good- he is very upfront about relapses and the challenges he's faced.
Hi there. First of all, thank you for not being super judgemental about my situation.. Secondly, I am not familiar with the website and will surely check it out. I am somewhat desperate at this point. Thank you for recommending it. Lastly, I realise it must be hard for someone such as yourself to witness a loved one struggle to such an intense degree, looking from the outside in. I'm very sorry to hear about your son. My heart breaks for both of you