View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Ok, not getting any more is a start. What about deleting those numbers, do you feel you can do that today/tonight? Not sure where you are in the world...

The thing is quitting is going to SUCK whenever you do it. Now or later it is going to be painful and scary and well, suck. But if you quit now you can stop the train of destruction before you start to mess up all that you have built around you during this sober time. Keep going and it only gets worse. I'm not saying that to be a smart ass, because you already know that, I am just trying to hold up a mirror for you. Don't wait for that "rocket launch straight out of hell", because it's coming, quit now before you have to go down that path.

Job situation looking good, thanks for the good wishes. I am desperate to find a job. Had the interview last week but she wanted to ask me one other question. She said she was in discussion with the boss (who has the final word) but it is down to me and one other girl. Fingers crossed!

Read that article I posted above, the author talks a lot about how embarrassment and shame keep addicts like us from seeking help when we relapse- often to fatal consequences.