View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Neasa
Beyond the Ninth Wave

Originally Posted by nocellphone
I understand what you're saying, and I like the analogy.
Thank you nocellphone - it means a lot to me just to be heard accurately.

Recovery, by definition, means "getting back that which was lost"...
This was an "a-ha" statement for me. It's been my spirit's wish for the longest - to regain that which I came to the planet with, the innocence of spirit, the possibilities, the untainted heart.

I imagine this is because no one ever gave us the language we needed to describe the problem of alcoholism in our lives.
How true. Not having a language is akin, to me at least, who's in love with language, words, communication, to being erased.

Know where I finally learned that language?

Al-Anon.
I'm less fearful today about Al-Anon & maybe Monday night I'll begin to realize some of its healing.

After a very stormy emotional day yesterday (punctuated, oddly enough, by an actual thunderstorm which knocked out our power for a couple of hours - no coincidences) my sweetie took me out for dinner because we couldn't cook at home. Just getting out of the house, into the wonderful, salty, swirling air, listening to the seagulls fuss at one another as if they had problems, lol...I returned home to restored power (analogies & metaphors filling up my vision), a full belly, 2 very welcoming 4-legged family members & a much better outlook. Amazing what a couple of hours of fresh air can accomplish. Then I realized, just before sleep that I was actually looking forward to Monday night.

I understand that this meeting is an Al-Anon meeting with an ACOA part - ???don't really understand how that is put together, but guess I'll find out.

You've got some compassion going on there, ya know, nocellphone?
*appreciating*