Old 10-21-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LovePeaceSushi

P-O'd Because Everyone Thinks AH is **SO** Great

Let me describe my AH:
• High functioning
• Dresses sharply - I'm talking button down shirts and sport jackets every day. Even at home it's a sweatshirt with a collar underneath. He gets compliments everywhere.
• Well-off - drives a top-tier convertible that everyone always comments on when we're out.
• Polite, handsome, and gentlemanly - - he is a true Southerner - - holds doors open, respects elders, and yes, he's very handsome. (nevermind that he's also very vain, gets pedicures, and gets his hair highlighted more than me.
• He speaks so highly of me and my daughter

So....people that interact with him on a superficial basis think HE IS AWESOME. They love him.

• They have no idea that half the time when he's talking to them that he's drunk.
• They have no idea of all of his falling down drunk antics.
• They have no idea he drives around drunk all the time and has put me in precarious situations or that he comes home and says nasty things to me to start a fight.
• They have no idea that, while he talks so highly of me to his acquaintances (to make himself look better, mind you) he accuses me of cheating with meth heads, fast food workers, lawn men, etc. etc. etc. (Really - if I'm going to be accused of being a *****, can I NOT be one with a handsome rich man? Why just the skanks? LOL)
• They have no idea of our real financial situation - that bills are often paid late because he likes to control the money, but then he forgets to pay stuff on time. That these little football games cost over $1,000 weekend JUST for the hotel room, not to mention the tickets, booze, and food.

I am sure that from an outside perspective, I have it pretty darn good. And ya'll, I am grateful for my blessings. I just get irritated because I don't have any close friends that know the real deal. My dad does, and that's it. (And he's 70, so I worry about when he dies - I'll have no one)

I get irritated because they all fill his ego bank and they all think he's so f-ing great. Sometimes I just want to SPILL HIS TEA ALL OVER THE PLACE and burst the bubble.

I guess sometimes I just want to have a good vent. Thanks for letting me have one.