View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MetalRose
MetalRose

0 drinks a day, keeps the doctor away.

After a year of trial and error with anxiety and blood pressure medication, I left my doctor's office with a feeling of such dread. Neither my blood pressure or anxiety had improved, but was worse than ever. I got into my car. The first thing I saw was a picture of my kids on the dash. It hit me like a ton of bricks. My babies deserve better, I want to remember raising them. Hell, I want to BE here with them for as long as possible. So I decided to quit drinking....for real this time...

Went home and drank the last bottles of wine in my bar. Woke up the next morning feeling like garbage, which reaffirmed my desire to quit. I was so sick of being sick, blacking out and wondering what stupid thing I did or said, forgetting precious memories of good times had, worrying about how to obtain and hide my next drink, waking up with mystery bruises, etc.

I got online looking for resources and stumbled upon SR, what a Godsend. 18 days and counting. I feel inspired by the stories of those who have traveled this path before me.