View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dellaND

Should I be worrying about him?

Thinking a lot today about if I should be concerned or care about my XABF's recovery or not? I see so many threads on here I just wish I could send him, that maybe they would make him think. But, I doubt he would appreciate or even read them. (Still no contact attempts from either of us.) He admitted once he was an alcoholic, and one other time that he's been "drinking too much for too long." But, took both comments back blaming me that he said it just because that's what I wanted to hear to stop the argument... So, maybe he still believes he doesn't have a problem, maybe he thought I was the problem and that's why he asked me to leave and hasn't looked back. I want him to get better.. realize what he's doing to himself, his career, his mind and body, and the people around him. But more than realization, I want him to get help... From what I've read it has to be his decision, and his rock bottom that takes him there... Idk why I still feel a responsibility in helping him. Maybe selfish, because I know it would help me feel better too?