View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LVT777

Originally Posted by KES06 View Post
No. Get out now while you can. You mentioned age right away (his). Can I assume you're younger than him? This will not get better, plus the fact you are trying to have conversations while he is drinking/drunk/hung over. I was looking for a time in any of this when he was sober and couldn't find one.
Alcohol is his first priority. Alcohol is his "girlfriend", and you will never be able to compete with that. You deserve better.
I am 30 so not much younger than him. Yes it did seem like drinking has been his main priority even when we were together I can’t say that I have ever seen him stay sober for 24 hours. I didn’t know he had a problem at first I just thought he liked to have a drink here or there after work but I started to notice he would miss work a lot and if he spent the night at my house he would be in a rush to get home and drink again. he also gets assistance from his mom with certain things. I can see now that he is not in a good place to have a relationship since he is letting alcohol affect his life.