Thread: "But Why?"
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Girl1101

"But Why?"

Ha. I feel reminded of my 5 year old inquisitive self, constantly annoying my parents with "BUT WHY?" for everything. I find myself doing that 3.5 wks after no contact with pothead addict.

My whole life I thought oh smoking pot can't be that bad. It's just something people do to "get the edge off" like drink a beer after work or something. (Which was told to me by an alcoholic btw). But Nooooooo, it's straight up addiction. I bought into all the pro-marijuana campaigning. But now I'm thinking maybe that campaigning was made by addicts who are lying to get their way?

Sorry for the rambling post, still trying to understand addiction, still trying to tackle the problem by googling incessantly from different perspectives, trying to understand with no actual solution. Yes yes I know "logic cannot be applied". Tell that to my brain that never stops thinking lol.

I'm doing good by the way, just reading around the forum trying to understand stories from addicts/recovering addicts/and loved ones of addicts. I can say this has opened up my mind to another reality I had no idea about.

How is everyone doing in their coping? I was depressed in the last few days, but reading about how addicts don't care about anything other than drugs strangely makes me feel better, but also sad? Idk. I'm doing good now though.