View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
LastDrop

AA has been great to me over the years no question. I have not completed the steps though. I have no problem with em except for 9. Theres a few people I am not going to be making amends with. I have made some of my amends. The biggest holdups for me though are time and anxiety.

I have heard people say many times give AA the same amounts of time you gave to the drink.

But like last night while I was watching my kids ride their bikes I was thinking how usually I would do that with beer in hand. Whisky in garage. Cannot watch my kids from an AA meeting 30 minutes away.

Anxiety wise I have this social anxiety. I get uncomfortable around too many people. So to commit to that multiple times a week 'forever' is a tough order. We shall see.

My sobriety rates have been about the same with or without face to face meetings. And I felt the same. I usually feel great when I am sober. Like today I could not feel better and I am at work right now. My problem seems to be when there are no clouds on the horizon for some reason I create some.

Day 3 is half in the books. Looking forward to the weekend sober soon.