View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Pelagic- good about dumping the moonshine. There are many reasons and rationalisations for doing stuff in this world. All I know - for me is if I drink..I die.
To remove a tempation like booze- by not having it in my space, or going to pubs for lunch- or hanging around people who have to drink..gives me more control.
PeaceR- no one has ever thought I was a girl b4. Perhaps I am getting in touch with my feminine side.
What 'bogun' names would we all have? You know the disenfranchised millenials who name their kids with weird names - or weirdly spelled common names? So Leah- becomes Lee-yah. Hollywood kid's names. I think I would like to be a strong old testament name- Zack, Zeke, Jebediah....
Bogun name would be something like Snake, Jozza (John)

The thing about the burns review is discussions of amputating this, hacking meat flaps off that part of me, grafting, the carnage of the injuries, even- 'well John- this is it- you will not get better than this, now', said as if we are talking about the weather. To THEM - my stuff is just a brief, self congrat's blip on their day. To ME- my stuff is me. I get the distinct impression at times it is the challenge, the status and technical side which is important. The clinical challenge- not me per se. Oh well- the arrogant sod did save my life...so I can cope...just puts me off kilter for a few days.