View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
atkinsd91

Post New & Need Advice

Hello,

I'm unsure if this is the right place to come to about this, or whether anyone would find this offensive at all, in which case I sincerely apologise.

I'm 26 years old and am someone that's like to drink every evening and have done so for at least 5 years or so.

I would only ever have a maximum of 2 cans of cider each evening and be in bed by 9.30/10. Come to the weekend I'd certainly have a bit more. I was always totally fine with this, though I know it's not ideal.

However, in the past 6/7 months or so it's gotten worse. For the past 6/7 months I've worked from home for 3 days every week, due to anxiety issues with travelling. Additionally for this period I've bought a new place and have moved out on my own for the first time ever (only officially moved out just over a week ago). Working from home has enable me to drink more of an evening, as I don't have to worry about getting up so much.

But my biggest problem now is that having just 1 or 2 ciders doesn't quite 'do it' for me any more. I have one, and it immediately gets boring and want to start drinking spirits, which is what I have been doing. Not only is this not good, but obviously more expensive. Additionally I always used to start drinking after I had my dinner... but now I always drink before.

Is there any advice to getting back to just maintaining at most the 2 ciders? After I have 1 or 2, I've completely had enough of it and want to drink gin or whiskey, etc.

Also, I find I can't really enjoy myself as much with people, or even playing games, unless I have a drink. Is there any advice to enjoying yourself just as much with these things without alcohol? I'm generally quite an irritable person otherwise.

Many thanks in advance.