Old 10-14-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Steely

Peace to the world tgirl, and thanks for being there kenton.

I have osteoporosis which causes a weakening of the bones. Many post menopausal women have it, and my mother had it really badly. There are new drugs for it but I am allergic to them, had such a terrible reaction on the very first dose. I'm seeing the endocrinologist on the 27th to discuss.

At the moment, good diet, weight bearing exercise, not drinking, (I'm not) not smoking (I'm not), are what are recommended and that's what I'm trying to do. Calcium supplements fortified with Vitamin D also prescribed. I recommend all post menopausal women to be tested for it,they call it "the silent killer."

The fractures are called "compression fractions of the vertebra" and can be caused it seems now, with very little exertion. Not good.

I'm going to take leave from SR and just go look after myself I found that even opening the site this morning sent me into anxiety. Not good, either.

So, the day is young the sun is shining and have had a good breakfast after sleeping really well last night.

I wish everyone the best and if at any point I offended anyone with my political comments it was not my intention to offend. Frankly, I thought they were slightly funny, and think Alec Baldwin might have gotten a bit of a laugh too.