Old 10-13-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
chiquen81

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
It sounds like you think your mother should not be drinking because you have stopped drinking? Sure, the support would be nice, but you can do this!

Even if she is an alcoholic, it's her decision to make. When you try to control someone else, I think you find that it makes your own life feel out of control.

I think you should consider stepping away from your mother for awhile until you feel more ready to deal with other people drinking. That's what I did because I really couldn't be around people who were drinking and my mother was at the top of that list.
Thanks for the input. Looks like these drinking mothers are quite common. Did you say anything to her or just distanced yourself? I did distance myself in the first month. Now I am at 90+ a few days and I'm still bothered. I think was moreso bothered that she knew that was the substance that messed up my life and here she was drinking it right in front of me with no care at all. It just seems callous to me. Maybe mentioning it to her would create more of a firestorm, since I can't control her drinking.