Thread: My story.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BingoFidoRiley

My story.

Wednesday evening, my husband had a seizure while backing out of a driveway and we went flying backwards into a parked car across the street. Neither of us were injured in the wreck, thank goodness.

Upon testing in the ER, it was found his liver enzymes were extremely high (diagnosis - fatty liver), and he had other markers that indicated that his alcohol use was the reason for the seizure.

He is a beer drinker, and has been for over 20 years, averaging probably 7-8 per day. He also has never been a big eater.

So, here we are two days later, still sitting in ICU for detox because a room has not become available. He's doing really, really well...but of course had a bout of confusion when the social worker was talking about a direct transfer to inpatient treatment. He thought I wasn't in the room. Anyway, she can't start the process until he 100% appears to know what is going on and wants to go voluntarily. I know he does, but I also understand their rules.

I am also a big beer drinker (weekends only), or should I say "I was". I've been wanting to cut down for several health reasons, and now I have a huge reason...to support my husband 100%.

I don't really know what else to say, but I just wanted to put my intro out there. I hope to learn a lot in these forums.