View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lee6969

I am 3 days Sober

And it is hard, the anxiety and insomnia is the worst. I miss my Chardonnay Queen.... I can get thru the day doing things. I go out in my car, listen to Talk Radio, walk my dogs, anything to get out of the house from boredom. I'm good by 5 pm as I know I have to make dinner, walk my dogs, feed them, etc. so I am busy. I work from home during the day and it is hard not to go to the Fridge and grab a bottle.

The weekends I am fine as I work the night shift and have to be completely focused and alcohol free.

At night, I pop a Benadryl with a glass of chamomile tea. It is still very hard though.

Alcohol has ruined my life. My routine lab work showed elevated liver enzymes. So I am staying sober for 2 - 3 weeks per my doctor and taking herbal Milk Thistle 3 times a day trying to get my liver healthy again.

I have googled and the night before I had my lab work, I downed two bottles of Chardonnay. I read there with can elevate your enzymes, so I am staying clean until my next lab work.

I know this is no excuse to stop drinking, but I am 59 and have had a relationship with the Wine Fairy for 20 years. I want to live at least another 20 years, so I am trudging on..

This forum helps a lot. Keep Coming.